Saturday, June 23, 2012

Your entire life in 13 boxes...


With the recent passing of Lorne's father, his mother, with Lorne's consent, sent all of Lorne's worldly possessions to me.  Here it is...Lorne's life in 13 boxes that arrived yesterday while I was at work.

My new task is to go through all these boxes and determine what is keepable (I'm not keeping 13 year old clothing) and what isn't.  I don't even think that Lorne knows what is inside these boxes...certainly after almost 13 years, his recollection would have been diminished anyways. 

At this point I have gone through 2 boxes and managed to find a ton of t-shirts, lots of legal documents, some amazing photos of Lorne when he was a child growing up (lots of school awards and newspaper clippings as well) and cutest of all...a hand crocheted Tigger...down to the curly, springy tail! Once I get through all these boxes, I will need to organize them a bit better and repack them so that when the time comes and Lorne does get out of prison, then they will be waiting for him.

I hope it will be sooner rather than later.

No comments: