Sunday, February 26, 2012

Good news...sort of anyways...

Lorne called me on Friday, not his usual day to call but he actually was in a pretty good mood.  It turns out that his most recent grievance was overturned.  The warden decided that the notice of charges had no merit and overturned it.  Lorne's record has been expunged of this charge and his visiting privileges have been restored.  Needless to say he was VERY happy about that.  Certainly he feels vindicated in the treatment he receives at the hands of the correctional officers there. 

On the down side to all this, Lorne's latest blog article, which he just sent and I have yet to receive, apparently paints a decidedly darker picture of his mindset.  Of course he starts out with, "now I don't want to alarm anyone" and of course my response to him was "when you say stuff like that, of course we are going to be alarmed"  So of course, now I am worried about his mental state.  Unfortunately the state correctional centers are not geared towards people with high IQ's like Lorne.  If he were a high school dropout, fine...they could work with that. 

I will keep you posted and expect another Lorne blog update soon.

No comments: