Sunday, January 8, 2012

New information from Lorne...

Lorne called me the other day and told me that he was sending all of his grievance paperwork to me.  He wanted me to review it to see if for some reason he was not being clear on the nature of the grievance or if he was not providing enough information to allow the reviewing officer enough information to make the correct decision.

I have news for you baby..."it's not you".  I promise...it's not about you.  I found Lorne's grievances well written, articulate, gave the names of witnesses who can verify what happened or that Lorne's items were operational before the officers damaged them and the list goes on.  As I am reading through the grievances I start wondering, just how stupid are these officers and as it turns out they are VERY stupid.  I am not sure why they are unable to read or use critical thinking skills but it seems to me when you have someone declaring that my CD player was working just minutes before the guards searched my cell and I can prove it because my cellmate saw me using it, and then provide receipts that verify the cost of the item when purchased...how can ANYONE say "you didn't prove your case, grievance denied"?

And these are the same people that we expect to make good choices when face with life and death circumstances?? REALLY?? How much more evidence does an inmate need to supply to prove that their personal items were damaged when guards, who were in blatant violation of their own rules, search a cell and up until that point, previously undamaged equipment, comes up damaged.  If there were two guys in that cell and one of them died, you can bet your bippy that the lone living person would get the blame.  So how is it that perfectly functional equipment, that was in use just moments before officers removed everyone in the cell to conduct an illegal search, comes up damaged and it's not the fault of the officers conducting the search??

I accept the fact that Lorne is in prison, but he isn't stupid and sadly enough I am not in a financial position to hire a lawyer to file a lawsuit against the state of NV for such blatant and criminal wrongdoing. 

My ex once said that there was only a minor difference between the officers and the inmates...and that difference was, the officers never got caught.  I believe him. 

No comments: