Sunday, January 1, 2012

Well it's a New Year...

So I have to wonder, what changes will the gods send along to me this year? what will they send to Lorne? and what will they send to the two of us as a couple? Certainly his move to Southern Desert facility has been stressful to say the least.  While he is "working" it is unpaid work and according to Lorne, pretty mind numbing.  For those who didn't know, Lorne is a certified Braille translator and he translates books into the Braille language for the sight impaired.  I totally believe him when he says that it is mind numbing work...most work of that kind is going to be very tedious for someone with an IQ of 150. 
Lorne's father has moved to the Vegas area which means that he will be getting more visits from him.  Lorne is unsure of this development.  The father-son relationship is horribly damaged and I don't think Lorne is really interested making it better.  It is a case of too little, far too late.  That makes me very sad for Lorne.  I have asked when Lorne wants me to visit and he has said he does not want me to visit him at all while he is at Southern Desert.  Apparently the visiting area is so bad and the officers so stringent in their demands, that we would be unable to have any quality time together.  The first visit he had with his father in over 3 years Lorne had to end early because the only way he could use the bathroom was to end the visit early...the officer refused to allow Lorne to use the restroom in the visiting area since it was not at the scheduled time. 

I can only hope that the gods treat me favorably and if they throw things my way that they at least give me the strength and resources to deal with them.

Happy New Years everyone!

No comments: