Thursday, July 28, 2011

Phone calls from Indian Springs...

I am totally serious when I say that Indian Springs has only 10 phone lines...8 of which belong to NDOC and the other two belong to a hotel and a tattoo parlor...(ok I don't know if Indian Springs has a tattoo parlor but the google search engine said it did)

But anyhow, it seems like numbers for the (702) 447 and (702)879 exchanges are in extremely high demand...how high you ask? well Vonage has no local numbers for them...most any other place I tried does not have them so it will be interesting to see if the company that I chose has them (it said they were in stock but they must be worth their weight in gold)

Given that so many inmates are being moved to High Desert and Southern Desert facilities, it would behoove NV Bell to let loose some more numbers for that area.  The reality is, no one needs to pay for collect phone calls anymore when they can get a VOIP local number that will ring into their current phone (cell or landline).  Financially, I do ok but that doesn't mean that I have money to burn and it seems to me that $8 a month for 1000 minutes is a great deal and he only pays $1.95 per phone call.  I'll take it!

I know that being able to talk to me is important to Lorne especially now that he is in a new environment with few familiar faces.  I am glad that one of his tier mates is in the same place as him...he's a great guy and his wife is a lovely person as well.

We shall see how things work out, I will keep you posted!

No comments: