Monday, July 18, 2011

Update!

But unfortunately it is not good news.  Lorne still has note received his banking information back.  Apparently the warden is worried about Lorne having this information on the inside.  Maybe someone should tell him that it is now in the hands of NDOC officers...yes...plural...officers.  But that is fine too...the Canadian embassy is involved at this point in order to secure its return to Lorne.  As I type this, there have been no unauthorized charges put on his account so that is a good thing...quite frankly, I would almost wish someone would.

The bigger issue for me and Lorne is the loss of almost 90% of his religious materials...most of which cannot be replaced.  I understand that a message was sent out via email to try and retrieve it, however no one seems to know where any of it is.  This by far is the most despicable act to date.  I fully understand that Lorne is an inmate and that he lost many rights when he plead to his charges.  However, not one of the rights he lost had anything to do with his religious freedom.  For this I blame the ignorant, uneducated and poorly trained correctional officers that NDOC hires.  Certainly their worldview is very narrow if they can't seem to be able to distinguish religious materials from ....well, something bad (I don't know what you can confuse religious materials with...)  So...it will be yet another letter I write to see if NDOC will be able to make this right.

No comments: